Bromwich Hall Museum
Bromwich Hall is one of the most important surviving medieval timber framed buildings in the Midlands and the most recent building to become part of Sandwell Museum Service. The construction of its great hall is thought to be the earliest of this type of construction in the country in a standing building.
Bromwich Hall is what survives of the Manor buildings which once ran the medieval estate of Bromwich. Discover the fascinating history of this 750 year old building and follow its story from grand home to tenement and then pub.
We are slowly turning the building into a heritage visitor attraction and for use for a variety of community projects and activities, so new activities are happening all the time. However please bear with us as the building is very much work in progress. In the meantime enjoy our lively programme of events and activities for all ages, projects, tours and rooms to hire.
Over the coming months we will be offering a number of open days which we will advertise several weeks in advance. Visits will be by pre-booked timed ticket although entrance on most occasions will be free.
Visit www.sandwell.gov.uk/joininmuseums for up and coming open days and information about visiting and any little extras we might be offering for families or special seasons.
Don’t forget to follow our social media sites for videos, blogs, children’s activities, quizzes, trails and more online events.
Visit Bromwich Hall and take a stroll around and discover 750 years of history and the stories of some of the people who have lived at the house over the centuries.
New for this season discover the lives of 3 women who are important to the history of Bromwich Hall with talking models and a display of a tenement room from the 1930s.
Please note access to the whole building is not available on special event days. If you are interested in seeing the whole building and learning about its fascinating story, then please come along on one of our guided or self-guided tour days as advertised.
April to September
Sundays and the following Monday 1pm-4pm from Sunday 26th July until 21st September with a guided tour at 2pm on Sundays.
October to March
Open for special events and activities including our festive programme and February half term activities and pre-booked groups.
- For bank holidays, see What’s On calendar
- January is closed to all visitors and groups.
- During school holidays, the house will be busy with family events and activities and access to some areas may be restricted.
Bromwich Hall, Hall Green Road, West Bromwich, B71 2EA
For more information on getting to our sites using public transport please visit Network West Midlands.
There is ample parking on site and accessible parking is in front of the house.
Entry to the museum through the archway. Entrance is FREE unless a ticket price for certain activities is stated.
Stilettos and very high heels are not appropriate inside the house – we advise flat or low-heeled shoes due to the uneven surfaces, steep stairs and nature of the historic flooring.
We are unable to accommodate pushchairs inside the building but they can be left at the front door.
Sit in the buttery tearoom and enjoy a cuppa and snack or bring a picnic to enjoy in the grounds.
- Find our more about getting around the building with our access statement.
- There is no lift onsite and sadly due to its age and nature the building is not very accessible – call ahead and staff are able to give you a virtual guided tour with our tablet while you enjoy the splendour of our great hall (must pre-book – only available on open days, not event days)
- Accessible toilets are available in the house.
- We support invisible disabilities – ask for our assistance guide to the site from reception.
- Assistance dogs are welcome. Other dogs are not allowed in the grounds.
- Accessible parking is available in front of the main entrance to the house.
Discover more ...
Check out our social media channels for news, information, activities and much more.
You can call us on 0121 588 2985 for general queries. You can also email us for general museum service queries on firstname.lastname@example.org but please note that opening times information is above along with links to our events and activities listings.