Haden Hill House Museum
Haden Hill House Museum in Cradley Heath is a late Victorian gentleman’s residence furnished in period style, with beautiful original features surrounded by 55 acres of award winning parkland.
George Alfred Haden Haden Best inherited the estate in 1877 and work began on his new house soon after. George Alfred did not wish to live in the rather dilapidated 17th century Haden Old Hall next door and although his aunt lived there his intension was to demolish the Old Hall and eventually extend his new house. However, this never happened. Both houses have had a turbulent past but have survived by the skin of their teeth! Discover their fascinating stories.
April to September
Thursdays and Fridays: 10am – 5pm (except Good Friday)
Saturdays and Sundays: 2pm – 6pm
October and November
Thursdays and Fridays: 12noon – 4pm
Sundays: 11am – 3pm
December to March
Open for special events and activities including our festive programme and February half term activities, pre-booked groups, schools and weddings.
- These are the times when the building is open to general visitors.
- We are available at other times for special events and activities, school bookings, tours, projects, weddings, room bookings and pre-booked groups etc.
- For bank holidays, see What’s On calendar
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
- January is closed to all visitors and groups.
- During school holidays, the house will be busy with family events and activities and access to some areas may be restricted.
Haden Old Hall is open for special events on a number of days each year.
Over the coming months we will be offering a number of open days which we will advertise several weeks in advance. Visits will be by pre-booked timed ticket although entrance on most occasions will be free.
Visit www.sandwell.gov.uk/joininmuseums for up and coming open days and information about visiting and any little extras we might be offering for families or special seasons.
Don’t forget to follow our social media sites for videos, blogs, children’s activities, quizzes, trails and more online events.
Haden Hill House, Halesowen Road, Cradley Heath, B64 7JU.
Haden Hill House is situated in Haden Hill Park with the entrance to the site off Barrs Road. The postcode takes you to the entrance on Halesowen Road which is not in use – follow the brown signs!
For more information on getting to our sites using public transport please visit Network West Midlands.
There is a car park off Lee Road and to the rear of Haden Hill House down a short drive.
Entry to the museum is at the front of the house in Haden Hill Park. Entrance is FREE unless a ticket price for certain activities is stated.
Stilettos and very high heels are not appropriate inside the house – we advise flat or low-heeled shoes due to the uneven surfaces, steep stairs and nature of the historic flooring.
We are unable to accommodate pushchairs inside the house but they can be left at the front door or under the stairs.
The tearoom offers freshly made hot drinks and snacks for special events and advertised weekends during the summer. At other times a vending machine is available during normal opening hours and a limited snack selection is available in our museum shop.
- Find our more about getting around the building with our access statement.
- Accessible entrance and deliveries entrance is to the rear of the building.
- There is a platform lift to the first floor of the house.
- Accessible toilets are available downstairs.
- We support invisible disabilities – ask for our assistance guide to the site from reception.
- Assistance dogs are welcome. Other dogs are not allowed in the house.
- Accessible parking is signposted from the Barrs Road/Lee Road entrance.
Discover more ...
Check out our social media channels for news, information, activities and much more.
You can call us on 01384 569 444 for general queries. You can also email us for general museum service queries on firstname.lastname@example.org but please note that opening times information is above along with links to our events and activities listings.