After the success of the Birmingham, Sandwell and Westside jazz festival, Sandwell Libraries Summer of Jazz is continuing with a series of music events in libraries during the next three months.
Blackheath, Great Barr and Central libraries at West Bromwich will be holding events that include a real mix of talent to suit all tastes.
The bands include C Jam with a mix of cool jazz sounds, stomping rhythm and blues and Tipitina bringing a unique take on the blues, barrelhouse, boogie and gospel of New Orleans to Sandwell.
Music also comes from the powerful vocals of Debbie Jones and Justin Randall’s mastery of New Orleans piano.
Councillor Bob Lloyd, cabinet member with responsibility for libraries, said: “The Jazz festival brought some great music to the borough and now the libraries have a further range of jazz music which should be popular with local music lovers.”
For more information contact email@example.com or call us on 0121 569 4911
Tickets can be booked on line or by contacting any Sandwell library.
* David Moore Blues Band at 7pm on Saturday 10 August at Blackheath Library £5.50 advance/£7.50 on the door
* Abi K and the Swing Pigs at 7pm on Thursday 22 August at Great Barr Library £5.50 advance/£7.50 on the door
* C Jam at 7pm on Saturday 14 September at Blackheath Library £5.50 advance/£7.50 on the door
* Alan Barnes and Dave Newton at 7pm on Thursday 26 September at Great Barr Library £5.50 advance/£7.50 on the door
* Tipitina at 7pm on Saturday 12 October at West Bromwich Central Library £6.50 advance/£8.50 on the door