Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery
Wednesbury Museum is Sandwell’s Museum and Art Gallery. It is a purpose built Victorian museum, housing collections which include fine art paintings, old toys, one of the world’s largest collections of Ruskin pottery, local history displays and our Nostalgia Rooms showcasing everyday objects from the 60s and 70s. There is also a changing programme of temporary exhibitions and activities to run alongside them as well as a lively programme of events for all ages and school holiday fun.
Over the coming months we will be offering a number of open days which we will advertise several weeks in advance. Visits will be by pre-booked timed ticket although entrance on most occasions will be free.
Visit www.sandwell.gov.uk/joininmuseums for up and coming open days and information about visiting and any little extras we might be offering for families or special seasons.
Don’t forget to follow our social media sites for videos, blogs, children’s activities, quizzes, trails and more online events.
April to September
Wednesdays and Thursdays: 11am – 4pm,
Saturdays: 2pm – 5pm
Open at other times for special events and activities.
October and November
Wednesdays and Thursdays: 11am – 4pm and at other times for special activities, family fun, talks, school groups etc.
December to March
Open for special events and activities including our festive programme and February half term activities and pre-booked groups.
- These are times when the building is open to general visitors.
- We are available at other times for special events and activities, school bookings, tours, projects, room bookings and pre-booked groups etc.
- For bank holidays, see What’s On calendar
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
- January is closed to all visitors and groups.
- During school holidays, the house will be busy with family events and activities and access to some areas may be restricted.
Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery, Holyhead Road, Wednesbury, WS10 7DF.
For more information on getting to our sites using public transport please visit Network West Midlands.
There is a pay and display car park next to the museum.
Entry to the museum is on Holyhead Road. Entrance is FREE unless a ticket price for certain activities is stated.
We are unable to accommodate pushchairs inside the museum but they can be left at the pushchair station by the front door.
- Find our more about getting around the building with our access statement.
- There is a platform lift to the first floor where accessible toilets are available.
- We have a hearing loop.
- We support invisible disabilities – ask for our assistance guide to the site from reception.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
You can call us on 0121 556 0683 for general queries. You can also email us for general museum service queries on email@example.com but please note that opening times information is above along with links to our events and activities listings.