Go play Sandwell offers sessions aimed at children aged between six and twelve years old (up to the age of 16 if children have special educational needs or disabilities).
It is a new programme grant funded by Sandwell Council to deliver with partners a wide range of free play services for children in the borough.
Sessions are free, open to all and will take place after school during term-time between 3pm and 6.30pm and throughout school holidays between 10am and 3pm across Sandwell.
Sessions will be based in local centres with the majority being outdoors in a bid to encourage children to play together locally, be more physically active and enjoy the outdoors.
Sessions will be delivered by four voluntary partner organisations in each of Sandwell’s six towns:
- Oldbury, Tipton, Wednesbury – Groundwork West Midlands – 0121 5305505
- Rowley Regis – The Murray Hall Community Trust – 07983967266
- Smethwick – The Albion Foundation – 0871 2719840
- West Bromwich – Creative Academies – 0121 5243232
Timetable of activities
The Albion FoundationTAF.Activity-Timetable-APR-19
Type of activities on offer:
- Children Games & Challenges
- Variety of sports activities i.e. football, basketball, cricket, tennis, badminton, rounders
- Arts and crafts
- Outdoor activities i.e. planting, scavenger hunts, clay creations, parachute games